Leading the way in continuous, 24-hour glucose monitoring, the Guardian REAL-Time System offers new levels of insight, confidence, and freedom.
- Continuous display gives you continuous awareness of your current glucose levels
- 3 layers of warning give you added peace of mind and confidence.
- Get more insight into dangerous highs and lows than fingerstick testing alone
- Comfortable and compact design
- An ideal partner to help you manage your diabetes
3 layers of warning for added confidenceThe Guardian REAL-Time System gives you 3 layers of warning with 3 different kinds of alerts you can adjust to suit your needs.
You can use all or just one of these alerts to receive additional warning about oncoming lows and highs :
- Predictive Alerts can be set to warn you 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 minutes before glucose limits have been reached.
- Rate of Change Alerts let you know when your glucose levels are changing.
- Low and High Alerts tell you when you've reached the glucose limits you've set.
Insight that fingerstick testing can't provideBy itself, a fingerstick can only tell you what your glucose level is at that moment in time. A high or low blood glucose level that occurs between fingersticks can easily be missed — and 60% of lows may not be revealed by fingersticks at all.
With the Guardian REAL-Time System, you'll always know what your glucose level is, which way it's heading, and how fast it's heading there. And as you approach your glucose limits, you'll be warned to take action.
Fingersticks give you hints - your Guardian REAL-Time System tells the whole story
When you monitor your glucose levels continuously, 24 hours a day, you get far more useful information than just fingerstick testing alone. That's the big advantage of the Guardian REAL-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring System.
Continuous glucose monitoring detects 4 times more dangerous highs and lows than fingersticks alone1, and can significantly reduce your A1C levels, compared with fingersticks alone[1, 2, 3, 4, 5]. And since you also get direction and rate of change information, you'll be able to see patterns and possible problems that fingersticks might miss [2, 3, 4, 5].
Comfortable and compactThe Guardian REAL-Time System can go anywhere you go, no matter how active your lifestyle. The monitor is small, comfortable, and easy to wear — on your belt, in your pocket, or under your clothing. The tiny glucose sensor is discreet, easy to insert, and virtually painless. It connects directly to the small (about the size of a two pence coin) MiniLink™ REAL-Time Transmitter, which wirelessly sends your glucose data to the monitor. The MiniLink REAL-Time Transmitter and glucose sensor are waterproof when connected, allowing you to shower, bathe, and engage in water activities.
Your partner in diabetes managementThe Guardian REAL-Time System is ideal if you:
- Need added information from lows and highs
- Experience hypoglycaemia unawareness
- Desire better control
- Have gestational diabetes
- Have diabetes and are pregnant
- Have elevated A1C levels
- Kaufman FR, et al. Diabetes Care. 2001;24(12):2030-2034.
- Ludvigsson J, et al. Pediatrics. 2003;111(5 pt 1):933-938.
- Deiss D, et al. Diabetes Care. 2006; 29(12):2730-2732.
- Bode BW, et al. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 1999;46(3):183-190.
- Pitzer KR, et al. Diabetes Care. 2001;24(5):881-885.
- While the Guardian REAL-Time System monitor is water-resistant and designed to protect against splashes and occasional dunking, Medtronic Diabetes recommends that no Guardian REAL-Time System monitor should be intentionally submerged in water.